Chicken Waldorf Salad was one of my favorite things before surgery and I have altered it to fit in my plan now so I can still enjoy it!
Chicken Waldorf Salad
Light and fresh chicken salad with grapes and walnuts. Perfect for a warm day :)
Write a review
- 1 Whole Roasted/Rotisserie Chicken, without skin, deboned and chopped
- 1 c Seedless Grapes, halved
- 1/2 medium Vidalia or Red Onion, chopped
- 3 Stalks Celery, chopped
- 7 oz Fage Plain Greek Yogurt, 2%
- 4 tsp Dijon Mustard
- 1/4 c Mayonnaise
- 1/2 c Chopped Walnuts
- 1/2 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 head Fresh Garlic, minced
- Deskin and debone chicken. Chop chicken into bite-size pieces and place in large mixing bowl. Cut grapes in half and add to mixing bowl. Then chop onion, celery and nuts and add to bowl. Mince head of garlic and put in small mixing bowl. Add mayo, dijon, Greek yogurt and olive oil to small bowl and mix together. Pour over chicken mixture and coat chicken with sauce. Best chilled for a couple hours before serving.
- NUTRITION: 114 calories, 13 g protein, 5 g carbohydrates and 5 g fat per serving.
- Compare to traditional Chicken Waldorf Salad at 192 calories, 13 g protein, 4 g carbohydrates and 18 g fat!
Bariatric Kitchen http://bariatrickitchen.com/